Environment, Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) ENGINEER needed for a full time position supporting a major DoD installation in and around the Washington, D.C. / northern VA area.
Exciting position with a dynamic small business for an ESOH professional looking to grow. Candidate must have experience in identifying, researching, analyzing, and documenting ESOH and system safety elements for DoD clients and/or system (required).
Experience and knowledge working with MIL-STD-882 ESOH and system safety tasking and status reporting of tasks required.
Job description (abbreviated):
- Develop documentation such as hazard analyses and preparing complex reports, briefings and presentations.
- Review reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc.; consolidate comments from various organizations; and draft reports.
- Develop technical data packages in support of technical review teams and board.
- Prepare routine correspondence (i.e., letters, memos and route sheets), spreadsheets, Gantt charts, presentations, and meeting minutes.
- Maintain ESOH and system safety engineering support data, planning schedules, and documents.
- Apply MIL-STD-882 methodology across varying complexity levels of projects/programs.
- Provide other ESOH support as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree in Science/Arts degree in a recognized engineering, scientific, technical or business management discipline from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) of related professional experience with one (1) year of that experience in the ESOH, design, development, fabrication, manufacturer, modification, test and evaluation, installation, integration, and training, with regard to DOD combat systems, combat support systems, and related systems.
- Ten (10) years of qualifying experience can be substituted for the Bachelor's degree.
- Must have experience with the application of MIL-STD-882 and the Joint Software Systems Safety Handbook (SSSH).
Interested candidates should send their resume and contact information to Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.