Position Title: Project Geophysicist
MMRP Project Geophysicist position oversees all geophysical operations at the various sites including digital geophysical mapping and analog sweep detection for the characterization and remediation of sites contaminated with munitions. Areas of responsibility include implementation/use of the geophysical instrument verification system (IVS) and Instrument Test Strips (ITS), review/testing/introduction of new detector technologies, and cooperative efforts with quality control to address detection oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews data;
- Monitors site-specific activities & progress of clearance;
- Addresses any identified problems;
- Manages the geospatial operations including GIS and site grid/boundary survey operations;
- Assists with project documentation and client reporting including work plans, final reports and progress submittals as required by the contract;
- Reviews and assists with business development;
- Responsible for geophysical survey design, dynamic data collection, cued data collection, development of a validation plan, and all other plans and reports supporting the Advanced Geophysical Classification process;
- Provide oversight and Quality Control review of subcontracted geophysics provider deliverables;
- May perform limited field data collection as part of independent Quality Control checks; and
- Writes proposals with emphasis on geophysical tasks and feasibility of technical tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in geophysics, geology, geological engineering, or a closely related field, and shall have a minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to the geophysical mapping, detection and discrimination of buried military munitions;
- Have a degree (preferred but not required), approval as a technical assessor for the DAGCAP (AGC accreditation) program and equivalent demonstrated proficiency with advanced geophysical methods and concepts related to munitions response and possess 10 years of directly related UXO geophysical experience;
- Five years managerial experience;
- Experience working with government geophysical clients;
- Experienced in the selection and utilization of various types of geophysical instruments and ancillary components to include high-precision global positioning systems, inertial motion sensors and the software used to control and integrate the geophysical system as a whole;
- Experience (preferred but not required) with the theoretical and practical aspects of detecting and selecting a wide range of targets of interest (TOI) and non-targets of interest (non-TOI);
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance;
- Broad understanding of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA);
- Ability to work outside normal work hours at short notice as dictated by work load;
- Ability to work away from primary work location in excess of normal work day;
- Ability to travel outside the US;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to interpret and explain company policy concerning Geophysics related processes and practices to executives, managers, employees, and clients;
- Intermediate user level of computer systems; Microsoft office software (word, excel, outlook), inventory databases, and documentation control systems; and
- Valid Driver's License.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, drug, vision, and dental coverage;
- Employer sponsored 401(k)
- Long-term Disability Insurance, Long-term Care Insurance, and Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave benefits
- Paid holidays
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter via email to the attention of Deana Phenicie-Aina, MEC Administrative Services Manager, GSI Service Group, Inc., 181 S Kukui Street | Honolulu, HI 96813. Email: email@example.com.
GSI Service Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, discipline, and termination.