Deal, United Kingdom A 38-year-old mother and 8-year-old daughter got the shock of their lives when a item they brought back from the beach suddenly burst into flames. The two unknowing found a WWII era hand grenade on the beach.
Believing the item was a fossil or old bone the two reportedly brought the encrusted item home and began to clean and scrape it when it caught fire in their kitchen sink. Emergency personnel responded and evacuated the area.
The grenade eventually burnt itself out but not before it destroyed the sink, melted part of the window sill and filled the house with smoke.