Ordnance Holdings, Inc. (OHI) is actively seeking UXO Technicians III (multiple positions) to provide support to the Southern California Tactical Training Range (SCTTR) located at San Clemente Island (SCI), CA.
UXO Technician IIII full-time / long-term positions with excellent pay and benefits.
Responsibilities / Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing reconnaissance and range inspections.
- Identify and classify UXO and military munitions, to include identifying whether a military munition's fuze is armed or unarmed.
- Perform location of subsurface UXO using military and/or civilian detection equipment.
- Assist in performing excavation procedures on buried UXO.
- Assist in transporting and storing UXO and demolition materials.
- Move/consolidate Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) and Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH) on the range.
- Processing MPPEH and certifying Material Documented as Safe (MDAS).
- Configure and monitor common operating picture displays.
- Coordinating, reviewing, and managing a dynamic training schedule for Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Army units, Natural Resources Office (NRO) personnel, and other designated Federal and State agencies.
- Communicating via radio and telephone to airborne, land and sea-based units as required.
- Recognizing and reporting potential safety issues.
- Monitoring entry and exit of personnel from live fire training ranges.
- Evaluation of Surface Danger Zones (SDZs) to confirm the safe use of approved live munitions in designated range areas.
- Maintaining daily contact with military San Clemente Island (SCI) staff personnel, visiting unit commanders, and contracting personnel who access training ranges.
- Briefing personnel on administrative, UXO, NRO procedures on SCI.
- Serving as an alternate for the Fire Desk Operator.
- Intiating Emergency Actions (as needed).
- Coordinating access to SCI safety zones.
- Must be DDESB TP-18 UXO Level III qualified, high school graduate (or equivalent), and a graduate of EOD or civilian UXO school.
- Eight (8) years' experience as an EOD or UXO technician with military ground operations, to include small unit tactics, live fire operations, and combined arms.
- All qualified UXO candidates must have an OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification, current 8-hour refresher and OSHA physical.
- Meet and maintain ATF Explosive Possessor clearance.
- Experience in reading maps and overlays.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in remote locations (personnel live on the island during the work week - lodging provided).
- Ability to quickly and efficiently communicate via radio, telephone and email.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to draft pre and post-exercise reports.
- Demonstrated skills in inter-personal communications in coordinating scheduling issues with remote personnel, leading mission briefs, attending All Officer's Meetings (AOMs), and other administrative requirements. Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to obtain an Interim Security Clearance (or transfer) in a timely manner, and maintain a US Government (DoD) Secret Clearance.
- Posses a valid driver's license.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Must be able to obtain Navy Qualification/Certification within 90 days of hiring and maintain compliance throughout.
- Security clearance may be required.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Licensed Forklift Operator
- Heavy Equipment Operator
OHI offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent pay; medical, dental and vision coverage (or benefits in kind); life insurance; short term disability insurance; and paid time off.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHI is an an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.