Position Title: Project Geophysicist
MMRP Project Geophysicist position oversees all geophysical operations at the various sites including digital geophysical mapping and analog sweep detection for the characterization and remediation of sites contaminated with munitions. Areas of responsibility include implementation/use of the geophysical instrument verification system (IVS) and Instrument Test Strips (ITS), review/testing/introduction of new detector technologies, and cooperative efforts with quality control to address detection oversight.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews data;
- Monitors site-specific activities & progress of clearance;
- Addresses any identified problems;
- Manages the geospatial operations including GIS and site grid/boundary survey operations;
- Assists with project documentation and client reporting including work plans, final reports and progress submittals as required by the contract;
- Reviews and assists with business development;
- Responsible for geophysical survey design, dynamic data collection, cued data collection, development of a validation plan, and all other plans and reports supporting the Advanced Geophysical Classification process;
- Provide oversight and Quality Control review of subcontracted geophysics provider deliverables;
- May perform limited field data collection as part of independent Quality Control checks; and
- Writes proposals with emphasis on geophysical tasks and feasibility of technical tasks.