UXO Technician III - San Clemente Island, CA
Ordnance Holdings, Inc. (OHI) is actively seeking UXO Technicians III (multiple positions) to provide support to the Southern California Tactical Training Range (SCTTR) located at San Clemente Island (SCI), CA.
UXO Technician IIII full-time / long-term positions with excellent pay and benefits.
Responsibilities / Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing reconnaissance and range inspections.
- Identify and classify UXO and military munitions, to include identifying whether a military munition's fuze is armed or unarmed.
- Perform location of subsurface UXO using military and/or civilian detection equipment.
- Assist in performing excavation procedures on buried UXO.
- Assist in transporting and storing UXO and demolition materials.
- Move/consolidate Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) and Material Potentially Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH) on the range.
- Processing MPPEH and certifying Material Documented as Safe (MDAS).
- Configure and monitor common operating picture displays.
- Coordinating, reviewing, and managing a dynamic training schedule for Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Army units, Natural Resources Office (NRO) personnel, and other designated Federal and State agencies.
- Communicating via radio and telephone to airborne, land and sea-based units as required.